Listen while you read:

AVRO Baroque around the Clock
Non-stop barokmuziek
Free 256k audio stream

3.15.2010

Taking a much needed spring break from Uni

School is out, and I've the week ahead of me. My schedule holds nothing save the promise of social fulfillment and tranquil dreaming. It is a much needed break, at school, I have managed to collect a number of new obsessions, and shed a few old ones. I no longer feel obligated to wash my hands every time I come back from class, nor do I always wash before eating anymore. On a good run, I can manage to wash my hands maybe only once or twice in a single washing.

I am however, obsessed with gathering resources, by which I mean food and water. I seem to have taken to the curious obsession that I will run out. and so I'm always packing and stuffing food and water, sometimes beyond anything I could ever finish. Laughably, I'm not too unlike a squirrel, but without the tree climbing or the big bushy tale. Although, I would like to think I'm every bit as cute.

I am home from Uni now. This is, I feel, the best place for me to relax and begin to de-stress. Although homecoming hasn't been entirely stress free, I pick up little worries here and there, but thankfully they don't last long.

And on another note, I finally weighed myself. Just a quick note, I'm a fairly tall, and rather thin individual. Most people tell me I could afford to gain a few.When I weighed myself, I found I'd gained 5lbs since August. For a moment I was a tad concerned that it had taken me this long to gain any weight, however, now that I think about it, I think it's a good number. Thankfully I did not loose any weight, as that would've been cause for great concern.

Also, regarding my job. Well I used to work for the school paper. Keyword there, used to. I think I've just been (perhaps unofficially) fired; for poor attendance. I can't say I didn't see it coming. I'm waiting on a new job now, hopefully I'll get to work for the Uni's radio station. It's supposed to have more flexible hours. Which is good. I wasn't able to make very much money with the school paper and now, hopefully, this job will prove a little more lucrative for me.

5 comments:

  1. Ok so now i realize i have been communicating with a teenager. scarey. I wish you the best. don't feel bad i've gained 15 pounds since november and can't get the hurt out of my hip. I'm glad to hear you are hadnwashing less. Please feel free to drop me a line through my email i'm sure you can find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so now i realize i have been communicating with a teenager. scarey. I wish you the best. don't feel bad i've gained 15 pounds since november and i've been out of graduate school foralmost twenty years. I can't get the hurt out of my hip so running is limited to 14mile trek to church. I'm glad to hear you are hadnwashing less. Please feel free to drop me a line through my email i'm sure you can find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I apologize if I offended you.
    No, I'm not a teen, I'm going to University and I'm...technically a Junior (it's all complicated).

    As for the weight comment, most people tell me I could afford to gain some. I am rather thin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To sum it up more clearly...
    Gaining 5lbs is a good thing, if anything I look more, normal, now. Were I to loose any weight, it would be reason to worry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have not offended me hardly. and as for your weight i figured you'd be slender by your comment regarding not losing weight.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to be respectful with your comments.